Fine Tuning Our Size Grading
Thank you for deciding to help us fine tune Maku's size grading. This exercise should take you around 5 minutes in total.
Simply follow the steps below, then enter your results in the form.
Follow these simple steps
You will need:
- A pencil.
- A ruler.
- A business card with sharp corners. Rounded corners won't work. (Or a sheet of paper folded 2-3 times into a small rectangle about the size of a business card)
- Choose a floor surface on which you can make small pencil marks.
- You will need to mark directly on the floor, marking on a paper can cause a full-size error margin.
- Place one foot firmly on the floor, distributing your weight evenly.
- Remain standing throughout the whole process, and do not move your foot.
Place the edge of the card (or folded paper) against your longest toe as illustrated, and use the pencil to mark a dot on the floor at the corner of the card.
If you're using a folded paper instead of business card, make sure the "solid" edges are the ones in contact with the floor and your toe.
Place the card (or paper) against the back of your foot (heel), at the longest point, and use the pencil to mark a dot on the floor at the corner of the card (or paper). If it’s a bit challenging to place this mark, a friend could help.
Place the pencil between your first two toes and push the pencil towards the inside of your foot as much as possible without causing discomfort. Make sure the pencil is vertical (avoid tilting it), then place a mark on the floor.
- To get the length of your foot: measure the distance between the points from your longest toe to your heel.
- To get the position of your toe hole: measure the distance between the points from your toe hole to your heel.
Repeat the above, from the beginning, with your second foot.
Identify the length of your longest foot, as well as your longest toe hole measurement, and enter these values in the form.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com